Mental health support whenever you need it
No matter what time of day – if you need to talk to someone, we've got you covered.
Stressed? Lonely? Homesick?
We provide 24/7 mental health support. If you call after hours, you have the option to speak with a crisis counsellor from Wood's Homes Community Mental Health Services, or a highly trained volunteer at the Distress Centre (available in more than 200 languages).
For after-hours mental health support from the Distress Centre:
- Call 403-266-4357, available 24/7.
- Visit the Distress Centre website to access online chat from 3 - 10 p.m. on weekdays and noon - 10 p.m. on weekends.
For additional crisis support from Wood's Homes Community Mental Health Services
- Call 403-299-9699 or 1-800-563-6106, available 24/7.
- Text 587-315-5000 between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Visit Wood's Homes website for live chat between 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
For immediate assistance for Indigenous peoples across Canada, contact Hope for Wellness
- Help Line: 1-855-242-3310
- Online chat: hopeforwellness.ca
Emergency medical care
If the on-campus medical clinic is closed, anyone with a serious medical emergency should:
- Call 9-1-1 for immediate emergency medical care.
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency department.
- Phone Health Link at 8-1-1 with medical questions.
Primary care networks
Student Wellness Services physicians are members of the Calgary West Central Primary Care Network. To access the after-hours clinic, call 811. More information