Get assistance from a career development specialist
If you're looking for help with career planning and developing professional skills, we recommend getting support from a career development specialist.
The career development team aims to empower and guide UCalgary students to find career happiness through coaching and self-exploration. Students can get support with:
- Creating compelling and targeted cover letters, CVs and resumes
- Building effective job search and networking skills
- Preparing for job interviews/mock interviews
- LinkedIn best practices
- Career planning and exploration
- Career assessments to help you identify your strengths, skills, values and interests
- Understanding Canadian workplace culture (International Students)
Ways to connect
- Don't have a resume yet, or need help making yours more effective?
- Not sure what you want to do when you graduate? Need help finding suitable career paths for your degree?
- Want to better understand your strengths, communication style, personality and interests, and how they can help you find a job you'll love?
If you're looking for help with the job search or finding potential career paths, an advisor is here to help. They can work with you to build a career development plan, improve your resume, prepare for an interview, and much more.
For in-depth support, we recommend booking an appointment on Elevate for a time slot that's suitable for you.
Looking for feedback on your resume or cover letter? A career development specialist can review your resume and provide advice on how to improve it or target it to a specific job or field. This is a free service for current UCalgary students.
Submit your resume for review using the link below.
Stop by Career Services during our drop-in hours if you need some guidance on a quick question or some one-on-one help. Drop-in appointments are typically 15 minutes in length. If you require a longer appointment, we recommend booking through Elevate.
Virtual drop-in (via Zoom)
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday | Noon – 1:30 p.m. MT
In-person drop-in (located in MSC 188)
- Wednesday | Noon–1 p.m.
Resume Rescue: Bring in a paper copy of your resume and/or cover letter for review with a career development specialist!