Selfie and family photo locations
Are you wondering where to take photos before or after the Convocation ceremony? Here are some suggestions.
- University of Calgary sign next to the arch. What better way to showcase “you did it!” than to get a photo in your convocation gown next to the official entrance to campus.
- Green spaces around the Olympic Oval and TFDL Quad. Looking for a shady spot under a tree for a family photo? There is a lot of green space around the Oval and in the TFDL Quad (bordered by Kinesiology, MacEwan Student Centre and Taylor Family Digital Library).
- Kinesiology’s dinosaur. Take a moment to snap a fun photo with our dinosaur outside the entrance to Kinesiology. Rex would want you to do it!
- Olympic Arch. Just outside Kinesiology, it provides the perfect frame for a group shot.
- The Spire. Many families have taken photos outside of the Olympic Oval under this public art from the 1988 Calgary Olympics.