Navigating Open Studies
Are you an Open Studies student working towards entering an undergraduate program? Open Studies advising provides you with the resources you need to make informed decisions regarding your academic career.
Open Studies Advising
Open Studies advising is open to current and prospective Open Studies students who intend to apply for an undergraduate degree at UCalgary.
Open Studies Resources
Here are links to the Powerpoint Presentations from the Open Studies Basics Workshop and Open Studies Transition to a Degree Program.
Open Studies Basics
- Dec. 10, 2019 from 3 – 4 p.m.
- Dec. 17, 2019 from 9 – 10 a.m.
- Jan. 6, 2020 from 10 – 11 a.m.
- Jan. 13, 2020 from 11:30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
Transitioning from Open Studies to Undergraduate Degree
- Jan. 29, 2020 from 10 – 11 a.m.
- Feb. 5, 2020 from Noon – 1 p.m.
How to Choose a Major
- Jan. 20, 2020 from 10 – 11:30 a.m.
- Jan. 27, 2020 from 4 – 5:30 p.m.
Types of advising appointments
Regular appointment (45 minutes)
Visit success.ucalgary.ca to schedule an appointment and guarantee your time slot. Please select the "Exploratory Advising - Prospective, Open Studies, Undecided" menu option and book using the "Navigating Open Studies" appointment type.
Drop-in appointment (20 mins)
In addition to scheduled appointments, our Academic Advisors offer weekly drop-in hours Fridays from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. All drop-in appointments are held in the Student Success Centre on the third floor of the Taylor Family Digital Library.
Additional drop-in hours:
- January 17 from 9-12:30pm & 1:30-4pm
- January 23 from 9-12:30pm & 1:30-4pm
- January 24 from 9-12:30pm & 1:30-4pm
- January 31 from 9-12:30pm & 1:30-4pm
- February 28 from 9-12:30pm & 1:30-4pm