Go beyond admission policies with prospective student advising. Explore program content and structure. Talk about major/minor combinations and online tools. Review your academic history and compare programs to find a good fit.
Prospective student advising
While prospective students are welcome to attend drop-in hours, we suggest you book a scheduled appointment to ensure there is enough time to provide you with all the information you may need.
How to book an appointment
- Visit our virtual front desk during office hours or email email@example.com
- Request an academic advisor, exploratory students appointment.
- Our front desk staff can book an appointment for you on the spot. If using email, someone will be in touch to organize an online or phone appointment time that works for you.
Prospective student advising is right for you if:
- You're currently completing high school and plan to apply to UCalgary
- You're currently attending another college or university and considering transferring to UCalgary
- You've partially completed a degree years ago and would now like to complete it
- You're an adult student considering attending university for the first time
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Specific questions (we appreciate them)
- Undergraduate degree programs you find interesting (it’s okay if you don’t know)
- A sense of admission requirements if you have programs in mind (you can find that information here)
Already have a degree in mind?
Based on what you're applying for, you'll meet with these advisors first:
- I'm applying for undergraduate studies: The undergraduate admissions and recruitment team can help you understand admission requirements.
- I'm applying for graduate studies: The graduate program administrator within the department you're apply to can help you understand admission requirements.
- I'm applying for Open Studies: The undergraduate admissions team can discuss Open Studies requirements with you. The exploratory team can help you understand your transition into a degree program.
- I'm an international student: We don't offer a pre-evaluation service. If you need help with admissions we recommend speaking with the admissions team to begin.