Giving the gift of your time
Ways to make an impact
These are unprecedented times and UCalgary thanks you for helping to mobilize our community to demonstrate that we are all in this together. Here are some ideas to help you give back with your time:
Sign up with the UCalgary COVID-19 Volunteer Support Team
The UCalgary COVID-19 Volunteer Support Team was launched in response to the challenges that our UCalgary community is facing in light of the pandemic. Learn more and sign up.
Find a volunteer opportunity at UCalgary
UCalgary recruits volunteers year-round for a range of roles including mentors, speakers, and committee and board members. By creating a profile, you’ll be able to apply for and manage your volunteer roles. Learn more and get involved.
Find community volunteer roles through your local volunteer centre
- Volunteer Connector is a great place to find volunteer opportunities in Calgary and has many search criteria available, including ways to give back in non-contact and virtual ways.
- Become a Community Organizer and use the Volunteer Connector portal to sign up as an organization to mobilize a network of volunteers to help with your great idea.
- Volunteer Canada has curated a list of Canadian volunteer centres with volunteer-matching tools to help individuals find roles that are a good fit for them.
- Help UCalgary student Siavash Zarezadeh, founder of YYC Grocery Delivery, get groceries to vulnerable Calgarians.
Give back through acts of kindness
- Create window art to brighten the day of your neighbours as they pass by
- Send a care package to a friend, colleague or loved one
- Share words of encouragement with sidewalk chalk art
- Help a neighbour with their errands or drop off a meal
- Share your special skills – art, music, language, etc. – through an online tutorial, whether live or prerecorded
- Put up your Christmas lights to brighten up your neighbourhood
- Any act of kindness that builds your community or brightens someone’s day!